We have developed a five-year plan that we believe will meet the needs of our patrons and our community.
Whether you’ve been visiting the library for years or have never walked through our doors, we hope these goals will make our services more accessible, more attractive and even easier for you to use. After all, we are your library.
Goal: Prioritize Services
- Evaluate library programming
- Discontinue and/or modify programs that no longer reach the intended market.
- Offer programs that are timely and responsive to the current needs in the community.
- Identify the Top 5 target audiences and develop services for these audiences.
- Re-allocate staff, volunteers, materials and space to accomplish program goals.
Goal: Maintain Library Facility
- Evaluate the facility in relation to:
- Identified programming and services.
- Patron and staff needs
- Design a more efficient floor plan/layout.
- Create a 5-year plan for capital projects.
Goal: Communicate our Mission and Values
- Increase avenues of communication and training for library staff.
- Improve marketing of library programs and services to target audiences.
- Maximize partnerships with the Friends of the Library, city departments, schools, service groups and businesses.
return to: About HPL