Teacher Loan Card
Hedberg Public Library offers Teacher Loan Cards as a service to Rock County teachers, preschools, licensed childcare centers, homeschool families and public and private schools serving students in grades K-12.
Teachers may use these cards when classroom projects call for materials beyond the school’s media center scope.
Who Can Get a Teacher Loan Card?
Any teacher living in or teaching in Rock County is eligible for a Teacher Loan Card. A teacher who lives in Rock County, but teaches somewhere else – or teaches in Rock County and lives somewhere else – is welcome to apply for a card. Homeschool teachers and childcare providers are also eligible.
How do I get a Teacher Loan Card?
To apply for a Teacher Loan Card, you’ll need:
- A personal library card in good standing (less than $10 fines) from Hedberg Public Library or any other Rock County Public Library.*
- An active email address that is monitored for library alerts
- Proof of employment at an educational facility (I.D. with name and school, letter from principal/director, etc.), a homeschool state certificate or a childcare license.
*Out of state residents who work at a Rock County school may be issued a Teacher Loan Card without cost if they first establish a Fee Card at Hedberg Public Library. A Fee Card can be obtained for $25 per quarter or $65 per year.
What are the Loan Periods?
A minimum of six (6) weeks loan period is available on most materials. Loan periods may be extended upon request to fit your lesson plan, with the exception of Feature Film DVDs and TV on DVD. Please see the loan periods and fees below.
Will I Be Charged Late Fees and Fines on this Card?
YES. Teachers will be charged overdue fines at the standard rates. The individual teacher, not the School, is responsible for materials checked out to the Teacher Loan Card, including the cost for lost or damaged items.
Teacher Card Loan Periods, Limits, Fines and Fees
There is no limit to the number of items that can be checked out at one time, except for the following:
• 6 children’s holiday books
• 1 video game
• 15 DVDs
• Standard loan period - 6 weeks
• Feature Film DVDs, video games - 1 week
• TV on DVD - 3 weeks
• Interlibrary loan (ILL) lending period varies; determined by lending library
• Gab Bags - 6 weeks
• Adult materials - 10¢/day
• Children’s books and toys - 5¢/day
• DVDs, CD-ROMs - 50¢/day
• Interlibrary loan items - $1/day
• Children’s CD-ROMs and DVDs - 25¢/day
Three things to remember about Teacher Loan Cards:
- You are personally responsible for all materials checked out on your Teacher Card.
- Standard late fees apply – so be sure to pay close attention to due dates!
- Personal items may not be checked out on your Teacher Card.
return to: Teen Central