Public Meeting Room at Hedberg Public Library
View Public Meeting Room Calendar to check availability.
Conditions and Guidelines
Download Booking Form
Who may use the Public Meeting Room?
Members of the public may use the Public Meeting Room for meetings of a cultural, educational or informational nature. The purpose of allowing public use of this room is to contribute to community
diversity and vitality by providing meeting space for a variety of
The Public Meeting Room is only available when it is not
in use by library staff. In light of the special relationship that the library shares with other city departments and library organizations, HPL reserves the right to make special accommodations for their needs.
* Use of library meeting rooms does not imply that the library endorses
or supports the beliefs, ideas or viewpoints expressed by organizations or
individuals using the space.
The meeting room may not be used for:
• Private social functions such as showers or birthday parties
• Activities involving the sale, advertising or promotion of products
• Any purpose in which, in the opinion of the library director and/or
the library board, may interfere with the normal use of the library
What is available for my group to use?
The library assumes no responsibility for setting up the room. Users may set up the room as needed, as long as they return the room to its original condition before they leave. Users cannot come into the room early to set up, or stay late to take down.
• Six tables and 24 chairs are provided.
• A portable lightweight podium is available.
• Wireless Internet Access is available for users with their own wireless-ready laptop computer. The library recommends users test their computer’s connection to the wireless signal in the Ground Floor prior to the meeting.
• A whiteboard is available. Please bring your own dry-erase markers.
• No other equipment or services are available.
When is the room available?
Meetings may be scheduled during regular library hours. We allow 30 minutes between bookings for set-up and take-down. The first meeting can be no earlier than 30 minutes after the library opens and the last meeting must conclude at least 15 minutes before the library closes.
9:30 a.m. - 8:45 p.m. Monday - Thursday
9:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Friday and Saturday
1:30 - 4:45 p.m. Sunday
How do I reserve the Public Meeting Room?
Fill out the attached booking form and submit it to the Information Desk.
• Bookings must be made by an authorized representative who is at least 18 years old with a library card in good standing from one of the seven Arrowhead libraries. The representative will be held fully responsible for the condition of the room after the meeting.
• Bookings will be accepted no earlier than two months before
the desired meeting date. For example, a meeting to be held on
April 10 may not be reserved before February 10.
How do I make a cancellation?
Contact the Information Desk at 758-6600 to cancel a reservation. If the room is reserved and no one arrives at the appointed time, the group is considered a “no show”.
If a group has three no-shows in a year, the group cannot book the room for the next twelve months.
return to: HPL Community