The Children's Room has:
- 8 computers that provide access to the library catalog, including a special kids' catalog.
- 6 game computers that have 20 educational games. Sign up for a computer turn at the Children's Service Desk. Each child is guaranteed one 30-minute turn per day. Reservations can be made up to 3 days in advance at the Children's Service Desk or by phone at 758-6585.
- 8 KidSpace computers - The programs available on these computers are Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, the Internet and nine educational games.
- To use the Internet at the library, anyone under 18 must have a signed Internet Authorization Form on file and have their library card number with them.
Internet Access for Kids and Teens
- All children under age 18 must have written parental permission to use the Internet.
- Children under age 11 are encouraged to be accompanied by an adult (over 18) while using the Internet.
- Before a child's first Internet session at the library, the child and parent must sign a permission form available at all service desks. Completed forms may be returned to the Children's Room, Reference, or Checkout. If you wish to use the Internet the same day you register, please take the form to Checkout prior to using the Internet.
- As with books and other library materials, parents are responsible for helping their child select appropriate information on the Internet. Staff can provide only limited technical support.
Return to About Us Page.