Can't find the materials you want in Hedberg Public Library's catalog? The item may be available from another library. For assistance with an interlibrary loan, visit the Information Desk, call 608-758-6581 or use the patron-initiated interlibrary loan service.
Patron-Initiated Interlibrary Loan
What You Do To Request an Interlibrary Loan
What HPL Does
- Check RockCat to make sure the item is not available from HPL or another Rock County public library. If the item is available through RockCat, no interlibrary loan request will be made.
- Search WISCAT, the statewide library catalog, and request items through interlibrary loan.
- Search for the item you want and, if found, hit "Request this item."
(If you can't find the item you need using WISCAT, contact the Reference Desk at
758-6581 - a national search may be possible. )
- Enter your name as it appears on your library card and your library card number. Include specific information about the item in the notes field, such as abridged or unabridged book on CD, DVD, VHS tape, etc.
How to Pick Up and Return an Interlibrary Loan Item
- HPL's interlibrary loan staff will see the request in their electronic interlibrary loan file, review it and authorize the request to be sent to another library.
- The library that owns the item will locate it and send it to Hedberg Public Library.
- HPL will notify you by phone, mail or e-mail when the requested item has been received and is ready for you to check out at HPL's Checkout Desk.
- After you are notified that your item is available, go to HPL's Checkout Desk and let the staff know you have an item to pick up.
- All interlibrary loan items must be returned to the checkout desk inside the library.
- Late fee charges will be $1 per item per day.
For assistance or more information, call the Information Desk at 758-6581.
return to: Research Tools